Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Paul Bunyan and his blue ox Babe
















I've always known about the Paul Bunyan and his blue ox Babe in Bemidji, Minnesota (left photo) and have been "visiting" them since I was a little girl growing up in Minot, ND. My Finnish grandparents, Charlie and Lempi, lived in Minnesota so we often stopped in Bemidji while going to visit them nearly every summer. Since Gary and I have been fulltime RVing we've stopped several times during our travels, the last time in 2004.
Well...imagine my surprise last week when Gary and I were driving along on Highway 101. Low and behold, at Mystic Trees near the Klamath River in California we see ANOTHER Paul Bunyan and his blue ox Babe! I quickly snapped a photo! (right photo)
They appear to be approximately the same size and are even dressed in a similar fashion. And, of course, Babe is a nice shade of blue in both locations.
I wonder if there are more?

No comments:

Post a Comment