Thursday, March 03, 2011

My Spa Day. . .at Walmart!

One of the big, and rather important in my book, challenges of full-time RVing is getting a good haircut.  My strategy often involves “stalking” salons to check out ladies as they come out the door.  Do they have an old lady, maybe pinkish-color, doo?  Is their hair bright purple shaved up one side? Neither to my taste!  Well, I was REALLY in need of a haircut so, before employing the stalking strategy, asked the very nice Denise at the Natchitoches Visitor Center.  She recommended Chris at the Smartstyle Family Salon in the Walmart, yes Walmart, store!  Certainly not as chichi as my Hair 506 in Monterey but I was looking for a good haircut!

DSCN1905

Chris is a tall skinny Goth-type guy who looks about 15 years old but I learned has been a hairdresser for ten years!    I was pleased with the result. . .and it cost only $20, tip included! 

DSCN3696

So, with success and satisfaction in my pocket, or, rather, on my head, I noticed a Regal Nails Salon two doors down - just past the Portrait Studio - hey this is a Walmart Supercenter - they have everything!  So I treated myself to a pedicure.  ChaChing Cherry - my favorite OPI nail polish color.  The  vintage Jewelite blue Lucite hand mirror was my Mom’s.

DSCN3703

Ah, a very nice, and unexpected,  two hour pamper myself time. . .and, go figure, at Walmart!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you on everything and you look great by the way - but how did you find that particular person at that Wal Mart - when you are Rv'ing around the US?

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure the words "spa day" and "Wal-Mart" have appeared in a sentence together before! Glad it worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you find a good salon on the move. Stalking -- is a brilliant idea! I am happy to be your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete