Monday, June 02, 2008

From a Starbucks cup

I don't drink coffee and seldom frequent Starbucks but picked up a Chai Tea Latte at Harveys in Tahoe while we were checking out. (Gary won't drink "designer" coffee so refuses to get coffee at Starbucks!) My peeve about Starbucks is the size names they use - for heavens sake why don't they just name them small, medium and large! That's what they are!

Anyway, I digress. On my cup I find a very nice thought. Here it is:

All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop.
Moms, dad, grannies and grandpas, aunts, uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them.
Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations.
Loved ones who will pass to the next generation their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams.
--General Colin L. Powell

My four grandchildren...they have human laptops:




No comments:

Post a Comment