Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Out of the corner of my right eye...



I was on my way to Macy's yesterday and drove past the shop where son Gary works. This shiny Karmann Ghia with a "for sale" sign in the window caught (the corner of) my (right) eye. Well, I had to get to Macy's but called Gary from there who called Gary who said its a great little car, has been sitting in a garage for 25 years. AFTER shopping at Macy's I stopped back at the shop and bought it, just like that! Papa Joe, the owner of the shop, has done a bunch to it (don't even ask ME, I just know it drove really nice when I took it out) so it is pretty much all ready to go - all original paint etc., 39,000 miles on it and we're just the 2nd owners.

I just came from the DMV and its all registered - ok to drive.

One of those stories you hear about the car being stored in a garage!

So, I now have a poor man's (woman is this case) Porsche!

No comments:

Post a Comment